[Ous-lp-rp13] EDAD 6010, Response to Question 2

Samantha Howell samantha.howell at vc-k12.us
Mon Jun 18 23:48:46 EDT 2018

Saretta,

I do think in the short time that I have been around you, you are
definitely an extrovert. I think this is a great quality for an
administrator to have. Administrators need to be able to be a people person
and to be likeable. Administrators deal with so many different people such
as: students, parents, colleagues. I agree with you that in order for us to
be furthering our careers, we need to have a lot of self-motivation. This
is a great quality to have because we have to keep ourselves motivated to
meet our daily goals and expectations as well as keep our staff and
students motivated. I definitely relate to you with having a weakness in
the area of technology. I feel like I am not up to date with all of the new
technology that is available to us as teachers and our students.  I think
if we just continue to try to stay up to date with the new advances or
possibly even take a technology course, that this would help us to feel
more confident with technology. I also think that you being able to form
relationships so quickly with your peers is a great personality trait to
have. To be an administrator, you are going to have to form relationships
with your staff and parents and I think it is great that you were able to
do that so quickly.