[Ous-lp-rp13] EDAD 6010, Response to Answer Question # 2

Anthony Gillman gl_agillman at seovec.org
Mon Jun 18 21:29:41 EDT 2018

*Ashton, Two things from your answer struck a chord with me immediately.  I
will start with the following statement from your answer. “I am confident
that my integrity takes me a long way.  I think that honesty is the most
important thing and though I think it does, I hope that is something others
will always see in my personality, especially as an administrator.” I would
wholeheartedly agree with this.  I also think that honesty matters most,
especially in the long run.  Although this discussion has the possibility
to go really deep, I will keep this response within our observed world.
Being honest allows you to keep your shoulders light and get a good night's
rest. It also ‘helps’ to get honest opinions and answers from the people
around you.  But, one of the biggest rewards you’ll get for being honest
all the time is the trust that people will have in you. As an
administrator, this will most definitely be needed when making tough
changes as well as unsubstantiated decisions.The second statement that I
would like to elaborate on is as follows.“I think that conceptual skills
are highly important as an administrator, but I do not think that you
should ever be at a point that you think you have completely accomplished
conceptual skills. I think there is always room for learning and
improvement, and though it's nice to feel good about them and let
conceptual skills be a positive aspect of your personality, I think that
everyone should always have an open mind that is willing to learn and make
all parts, but most definitely this part of their personality,
improved.”This statement really speaks for itself.  I don’t have anything
much to add except that this absolutely applies to any and all personal
traits of any and all people.  Knowledge and personal enlightenment is
found through a commitment of lifelong learning and is always short of
complete.Thanks for the spot-on answer!Tony*

--
*Happiness is a proper balance of preparation and recreation.*