[Ous-lp-rp13] EDAD 6020, Response to Answer for Question #2

Dustin Tyler dustin.tyler at ccsd.us
Mon Jun 18 09:49:54 EDT 2018

 After looking at the different systems, I feel like the
Professional-Structured system most closely relates to the school that I am
in. I think that our administrator trusts her staff and feels like we are
professionals that do not need watched at all times. She follows the rules
and procedures to run the school that are given to her from higher up but I
feel like she does involve the staff in decision making that is best for
our school. This past school year was her second year as principal and I
think she has stepped into the role with a fresh outlook on how it feels to
be a teacher in the building and what teachers want and need. She has rules
that she has to follow from higher up but I think she does her best to be
professional and treat the staff as professionals. I feel like we can use
our own teaching strategies and creativity to effectively teach the
standards that we are expected to teach. Procedures and routines keep the
teachers and students on task and prepared for any situation that arises.

I think the least structure that resembles my school is the chaotic
structure. Our school/district is not unorganized. Our rules and procedures
keeps our school running smoothly on a daily basis. We have schedules and
routines that we follow. Students as well as teachers know their goals and
expectations.