[Ous-lp-rp13] EDAD 6020, Response to Answer for Question #2

Dustin Tyler dustin.tyler at ccsd.us
Mon Jun 18 09:38:47 EDT 2018

*Response to Samantha HowellAfter reading your answer to question two, I
believe my experience closely resembles yours.  I have changed principals
from year to year and have gotten a mix of leaders and managers. The
professional structured system is one that I have enjoyed the most and it
has allowed me to become the best teacher that I could be.  This systems
trusts the professionalism and allows for creativity of teachers. Although,
some teachers may enjoy a different structure this one is by far my
favorite and it sounds like yours as well. The staff tends to be more
positive and invest more into everything they do when they are treated as
professionals and can make decisions based off on what is best for the
kids.     You described the chaotic structure as being the least structure
that resembles the professional structure I would agree.
Professional-structure is a stable structure while the chaotic structure is
ineffective and turbulent. I have also worked under a more authoritative
structure where the relationship between teacher and principal became a
struggle. We had a hard time communicating and developing ideas/decisions
on what was best for children or an individual child in the classroom. Some
of my fellow teachers didn't have a problem with the authoritarian
structure but I most certainly did. Reading your response and justifying
why your school is a professional structure checks nearly every box for the
characteristics of this type of structure.  *