[Ous-lp-rp13] EDAD 6010, Answer to Question # 2

Anthony Gillman gl_agillman at seovec.org
Thu Jun 14 23:18:19 EDT 2018

My level of self-confidence provides me with the belief that I can
accomplish or perform well on any task that I decide to take on.  With
enough motivating factors, this includes any reasonable challenge.  It is
my desire for family time and recreation that pushes back on my engagements
of time consuming challenges.

My stress tolerance is a bit suspect at times with my immediate family
(ages 16, 17, and 19), but overall I have a mindset that everything will be
okay in the end as long as I don't give up.  Here are some words of wisdom
from my father in law about the DOT during my training as a truck
driver..."They can't eat you."

 I believe that my level of stress tolerance along with my life experiences
(16,17,19) allow me to have an equally high emotional maturity.  I do not
judge others to the point of disliking them, but am more likely have
compassion for their inabilities to communicate appropriately.  This allows
me to forgive and move on as well as avoid unnecessary and unproductive
'power-battles' with others.

Interactions with others and comments about my person usually give me
positive outlook on my level of integrity.  I would like to think that this
is one of my strongest traits.

Since I have been teaching and then later accepting the position as our
high school's associate AD, I have been working on my extroversion skills.
I do know a lot of community members and struggle with small talk when I
run in to them.  I will usually nod, wave or say high, but lack the ability
to comfortably approach them for random conversation.  I realize that this
perceived lack of friendliness has the potential to come off the wrong way,
especially when I am in such a public position.

I think my motivations are all balanced equally strong as long as the
description of power needs goes as follows.  I would want to be in control
only if I felt like my competence would be greater than someone else's,
therefore making proper use of my abilities for the good of the community
and society.

Although I would rate my technical skills somewhere around mediocre to good
right now, I feel like I could figure the technical things out with
practice and perseverance.

I feel very comfortable with respecting, listening, learning, and
responding to those that I work with and understand that productivity with
only be diminished if interpersonal communications fail to be positive.

At this point, I feel my conceptual skills are strong. Although I would
need help carrying out the organizing aspect, I do enjoy analyzing and
solving complex and challenging problems. Being a geometry teacher may have
helped me with thinking logically and reasoning using deduction and
induction.
--
*Happiness is a proper balance of preparation and recreation.*