[Ous-lp-rp13] EDAD 6020 Answer to Question #2

Amanda Luttrell amanda.luttrell at redstreaks.org
Thu Jun 14 23:14:25 EDT 2018

          My school most closely resembles the professional organizational
structure. Although the professional structure is complex with many rules
and procedures, the staff is able to have independence and hold some power.
I feel that our principal views his staff as highly trained professionals
who have autonomy and considerable power to keep the “machine structure”
running. We are able to run our classroom the way we want in a professional
manner. Our principal keeps an open line of communication, flexible,
encouraging, and supportive. In addition, my school also resembles the
Weberian bureaucracy structure. Everyone has a role and is expected to do
what they are supposed to do in order for the organization to run smoothly
and effectively.

            The organizational structure that my school least resemble is
the chaotic structure and loosely coupled. Our district is usually
consistent with their rules and regulations for the district as a whole in
ensuring compliance, rather than having rules exist at one location and
only inspect to ensure compliance at one of them.

--
*Amanda Luttrell*
*Zahn's Corner Middle School*