[Ous-lp-rp13] EDAD 6010 Answer to Question #2

James Ward gl_jward at seovec.org
Thu Jun 14 22:26:23 EDT 2018

After looking at the personality traits, I can’t help but go back to the
intersections and intertwine all of these traits. I feel as though I will
identify and relate easily to three of these traits, but will need to work
at and focus my attention on the other two. The three traits that I feel I
will be successful in will be self-confidence, Integrity, and extroversion.
Self-confidence is so important when being a leader, while not becoming too
arrogant. If people see that you have confidence in your decisions and or
actions, then it is going to be much easier for them to follow your lead.
On the other hand, while having self-confidence, if we come across as
arrogant, they will not want to follow us because they see themselves as
inferior or as though we look down on them. The integrity aspect of my
personality is a huge part of who I am, to the point that I will tell on
myself if I feel as though I’ve done something improper or committed some
sort of infraction. Integrity to me is doing the right thing when nobody is
watching. If I am able to do the right thing when there is nobody around,
then it will be much easier for me to do the right thing when I am around
others.  The extroversion aspect will come very easy for me. Being able to
approach people and talk about a variety of things is simple for me to do.
However, if the person I am talking to is not an extrovert like myself,
then I need to be able to read those cues and fine-tune my actions.

The two traits that I believe that I will need to focus my attention on to
enhance who I am as a person will be stress tolerance and emotional
maturity. Both of these traits are things that I have really had to work on
in the past couple of years. When I was in my early twenties and coming to
the end of my undergrad, my weakness of stress tolerance really started to
show itself. I wasn’t able to eat and was always worried about not doing
well on assignments. My lack of emotional maturity has manifested itself
throughout most of my teen and adult life. I always seemed to find myself
getting offended too easy, firing back in a poor manner, and not thinking
about things before saying them. Over the past couple years, with the help
of Jesus and godly men in my life, I have slowly been able to begin to
correct these issues. One way that I am attempting to cut down and deal
with stress is by trying to stay on top of things, and when I do begin to
feel a little over stressed I take it to God through prayer, and seek
advice from those who I believe can help me. My emotional maturity has also
started to improve over the past couple of years. Before, I would always
listen to respond rather than listen to understand. Now, I am attempting to
do the exact opposite. This allows me to take what the person says, process
it, and formulate a response that is appropriate and applicable.