[Ous-lp-rp13] EDAD 6010 Answer to Question #2

Miller, Ashton an038712 at ohio.edu
Thu Jun 14 15:47:10 EDT 2018

When it comes to my personality, I think the aspects of it that will benefit me as a leader will be my motivation and my integrity.  My expectations of myself are always high and I always feel like I am putting a lot more on my plate than I am sure I can handle -that's just how I like things.  I like challenges and I think the best part about overcoming challenges besides doing it for myself is proving to others what I am capable of. I lack self-confidence a lot of the time, but I think I build on it every time I accomplish something that, at one point, felt like too much. Being motivated myself helps me to be more motivating and more of an inspiration to others.  I think that my interpersonal skills are an aspect of my personality that I have become stronger in over the last few years.  I do not have a teaching job since I have just recently graduated, but I have worked with the public for the last six years and the biggest thing I have been able to take away from my job and experience is my ability to connect with people and have conversations with just anyone, which is something I would not have felt confident in doing when I first started my job six years ago. I am confident that my integrity takes me a long way.  I think that honesty is the most important thing and though I think it does, I hope that is something others will always see in my personality, especially as an administrator.

I think that conceptual skills are highly important as an administrator, but I do not think that you should ever be at a point that you think you have completely accomplished conceptual skills. I think there is always room for learning and improvement, and though it's nice to feel good about them and let conceptual skills be a positive aspect of your personality, I think that everyone should always have an open mind that is willing to learn and make all parts, but most definitely this part of their personality, improved. Another part of my personality that I think is my downfall is my emotional maturity.  I have been through a lot of emotional situations in my life already and though they have made me stronger, every situation is different and thinking logically more than emotionally is something is something that I struggle with, no matter what any personality test tells me.