[Ous-lp-rp13] EDAD 6010, Answer to Question #2

Gamon, Angelica angelica.gamon at huntsmen.org
Tue Jun 12 23:04:03 EDT 2018

*PersonalityIn the self confidence, I need to work on this trait. I know
that I am able to do more than I give myself credit for. I am very hard on
myself when it comes to tasks given, I want to be able to complete the task
that is given by giving 100% and making sure it is done 100%. I often
second guess myself and need to have reassurance from an outside source
that my decision was the correct decision. I hope that over the next two
years I am able to find the confidence I need to make a successful
administrator. My emotional maturity was helped so much when I was in
management. I feel that I learned a lot more because I was put into
situations; hiring, firing, doing schedules, etc. Had I not already done
those things, I think that it would have been much harder for me to be able
to step into a role, such as administration. The guidance that I received
from my leaders (owner, general manager, assistant general manager) during
the years of being a manager in a restaurant helped guide me into the
person that I am now, had they not had the confidence in me, I would have
never been put in that position.MotivationI would have to go into an
administration role with high expectations but at the same time be willing
to work around situations that may occur while in that role. I would have
to set an example with my staff to show what is expected so that they do
the same when given a task to be completed. I will need to know what tasks
need to be set and I will need to get those finished in a timely manner. As
we have previously discussed, we as the leader need to set the bar for the
rest of the staff. SkillsI need to become much more technical when it comes
to being an administrator. I am very weak when it comes to this area. We
are starting a new program this year in our district, Mastery Connect. When
I start to evaluate the system and the expectations, I find myself getting
overwhelmed with it all. We have had a few trainings on this program but it
is still very hard to see the end result because there is so much that goes
with this program.*