[Ous-lp-rp13] EDAD 6010, Answer to Question #2

Amanda Luttrell amanda.luttrell at redstreaks.org
Mon Jun 11 11:35:35 EDT 2018

I know that if I am able to increase my skill in demonstrating the five
leadership traits, it will make it easier for people to want to follow me
when I become an administrator.  Therefore, the more time I spend on
addressing where I want to go and how to get there, the less time I will
have to spend on getting others to follow.  The traits that I personally
feel most comfortable with are: honesty, competent, inspiring, and
intelligent. Although I will continue to work on improving the traits that
I feel most comfortable with, I would like to focus my attention on the
forward-looking leadership trait over these next two years.

Being a leader means you need to figure out where you are and where you
need to go. This can pertain to your own personal goals and/or for your
subordinates as individuals or as a whole (building).  I know that I have a
vision for the future, but communicating that effectively with others needs
to be improved. One of the sources says that in order for this trait to be
improved I will need to set aside some time for planning, strategizing and
thinking about the future. I think that I have a fear of sharing my vision
with others in case that this vision does not come about. I don’t want to
look like a failure or that I don’t seek out goals. However, I can
communicate my vision without making promises in hopes to improve my skill
of being a forward-looking leader.  I will have to continue to improve on
my confidence within in order to become more successful at this trait.

--
*Amanda Luttrell*
*Zahn's Corner Middle School*