[Ous-lp-rp13] Response 6020 Question #1 Re: EDAD 6020, Answer #1

Gamon, Angelica angelica.gamon at huntsmen.org
Sun Jun 10 23:01:26 EDT 2018

Thank you Dustin for putting the part in your question about the Leader in
me program. They have tossed this program around at our district but we
have not set to use this program yet. They sent some teachers a year or so
ago to observe a district that used this program. I am not too familiar
with the program but really like knowing that your district is involving
your bus drivers to be on board with all you. I think that is so important
for our students. I know as a kindergarten teacher, being on a bus in the
mornings can often get our kids out of sort by the time they start their
school day. Having your drivers doing things that you are doing with the
students can have such a positive impact on how they may respond to their
school day. We are in the beginning stages of using the PAX program, again
I am not very familiar with this program either. We are suppose to have a
training in August, depending on numbers. I would like to be able to
compare the two programs and see their likes and differences.

I think that your last paragraph is straight to the point. We are a job of
many jobs. When people ask what my job consists of, I always say teacher,
mother, nurse, counselor, and so much more. I never truly got the full
effect to that until I was hired ten years ago!