[Ouretail] Italy Study Abroad opportunity: Disegno Italia

Williams, Lisa willial6 at ohio.edu
Thu Jan 7 13:26:19 EST 2016

Hi Everyone,

Below please find information about a study abroad opportunity to Italy being offered this summer through West Virginia University.  We have had a few student participate in this trip in the past and they had a wonderful experience.
More information is available from Rhonda Reymond or Nora McDonald (e-mails below).
Lisa

Lisa Williams
Lecturer
Human and Consumer Sciences
Retail Merchandising and Fashion Product Development
Program Coordinator
Lindley Hall S218
79 South Court Street
Athens, OH  45701 - 2979
Phone: (740) 597-3122
Fax: (740) 593-0155
williaL6 at ohio.edu

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

________________________________
We are now accepting applications for Disegno Italia summer 2016! Please go to:  http://studyabroad.wvu.edu<http://studyabroad.wvu.edu/> to apply.
Scroll down and click on program search; type in Disegno Italia; click search at the bottom of the page or go to: https://studyabroad.wvu.edu/sites/index.cfm?FuseAction=Programs.ViewProgram&Program_ID=897
Preference is given to those who apply by February 15th.
Disegno Italia June 25th-July 23rd , 2016 (Reserve these dates!)
We are very excited to announce that we have been able to REDUCE program rates and can offer Disegno Italia for $5,900.!
This is a phenomenal price and is lower than we have been able to offer for several years!
The six-credit hour program runs for four weeks in the summer.  The first two-weeks are at il Sillabo in San Giovanni Valdarno, near Florence, Italy.  While in this charming medieval town, students study Italian art history and then see and experience the art and monuments for themselves in Florence, Rome, Pisa, Lucca, Siena, Fiesole, and other Italian cities.  Students also engage in a project that synthesizes their observations and experiences across these wonderfully varied Italian cities.  In addition students learn "survival" Italian with native Italian speakers.
The second two-weeks are at NABA in Milan, one of the premier design centers in the world.  Here, students will have the opportunity to select from a wide variety of courses that span the areas of fashion, graphics, digital and media design and art history and cultural offerings.
June 25th-July 10th (Il Sillabo in San Giovanni Valdarno, Italy)
ARHS 225/FDM 225
[All students take the above course.]
July 10th -22nd (NABA in Milan, Italy)
[All students choose one of the courses listed below.]
ART
Photography II
Digital illustration
Sketching Around Milano
ARHS (Art History)
Cultural tour of the best in design in Milano
FDM (Fashion Design)
Fashion Design II
Fashion image and Styling II
Accessories /design
Fashion Trend Scouting
Cultural tour of the best in fashion in Milano
DSM (Design)
Product Design II
Interior Design II
Cultural tour of the best in design in Milano
"Simply the best experience, thus far, in my life.  Studying abroad is a once in a lifetime opportunity!"
Disegno Italia alumna, 2012
"What a wonderful opportunity this was to not only learn about but to truly experience art history.  I highly recommend studying abroad with WVU."
Disegno Italia alumnus, 2012
Please feel free to contact Professor Reymond or MacDonald for more information.  Rhonda.reymond at mail.wvu.edu<applewebdata://3C6CEC3B-F199-491C-9F9B-8C2D6C9ADD1F/rhonda.reymond@mail.wvu.edu> or nmacdona at wvu.edu<applewebdata://3C6CEC3B-F199-491C-9F9B-8C2D6C9ADD1F/nmacdona@wvu.edu>
http://disegnoitalia.wvu.edu<http://disegnoitalia.wvu.edu/> (*Note-this information is from summer 2015 but will soon be updated with 2016 details.)

Sincerely,

Dr. Rhonda Reymond & Professor Nora MacDonald

Rhonda L. Reymond, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Art History
Coordinator for Graduate Studies in Art History
School of Art and Design, College of Creative Arts
P. O. Box 6111
West Virginia University
Morgantown, WV  36506
304.293.3182