[Ouretail] New York City Fashion Week Study Tour Spots still available

Williams, Lisa willial6 at ohio.edu
Thu Jul 18 09:57:05 EDT 2013

Hi Everyone,

This is a reminder that there are still 6 spots open for RFPD 4920:  New York Study Tour.  I will be accepting deposits until Friday, August 23 if there are still spots available.

This is a fall semester class with the trip taking place February 5 - 9, 2014.  The class is scheduled for Wednesdays from 5:15 - 6:10 during fall semester, but will only meet 3 times.  These dates are yet to be determined.  If you have a schedule conflict but are interested in the class, please contact me and we can work something out.

Registration is on a first come, first served basis.  In order to save your spot, you will need to send a deposit of $150.  The remainder of the cost of the trip ($1555) will be billed to your O.U. account as a course fee for fall semester.  Once the deposit is received, I will turn in a green slip for you at Chubb Hall.

Cost of the trip includes:

Airfare
Hotel
Metro card
Baggage storage at hotel
Private bus tour
All fees associated with tour guide

The trip is a great experience to see in person different aspects of the fashion industry in New York City and to investigate internship opportunities.  During the 2013 trip, students had exclusive access to the following companies:  Kleinfeld Bridal, Kenneth Cole, Tommy Hilfiger, NES Jewelry, Jovani, Fashion Snoops, Ross Stores, Cejon Accessories, Godiva.  We also were able to attend 3 fashion shows at the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week at Lincoln Center.  There is also free time each day to enjoy shopping, dining, touring and Broadway shows.

If you decide that you would like to participate in this excellent opportunity, please send a check for $150 made out to Ohio University to:

Lisa Williams
Human and Consumer Sciences
Grover Center E166
1 Ohio University
Athens, OH  45701

With your deposit, please include the following information for your airline ticket and green slip:

Your legal name
Your PID number
Your birthdate

If you have questions, please contact me at williaL6 at ohio.edu<mailto:williaL6 at ohio.edu>.  I hope that you will consider joining us on this study tour.