[Ouretail] course substitutions link

Paulins, Ann paulins at ohio.edu
Wed Oct 19 07:15:27 EDT 2011

Hello! I am writing with some "advising related" information.

You may at some point find that you want to request a substitution for a required cousre during your academic work.  You should discuss this with your advisor to determine whether a course substitution would be appropriate. (Sometimes your advisor will suggest it!).

The form is a bit difficult to find, so I'm sharing the link here:

You would complete the "petition for substitution of undergraduate requirements" form found on this page: http://www.cehs.ohio.edu/resources/forms.htm#ss

The form requires the signature of your advisor (or the program coordinator of your major).

After securing approval/signature from your advisor or program coordinator, you take the form to McCracken Hall's student services windo for submission.

Please be sure to set up a meeting with your advisor as winter 2012 pre-registration approaches!

Dr. P

ps - the form is on the Patton College Website --> College offices -->student affairs --> forms

V. Ann Paulins, Ph.D.
Professor, Retail Merchandising and Fashion Product Development
Chairperson, Department of Human and Consumer Sciences
The Gladys W. and David H. Patton College of Education and Human Services
Ohio University
Grover Center E160
Athens, OH  45701

phone: 740.593.2880