[Ouretail] trend forecasting/webinar workshop in fall 2011

Paulins, Ann paulins at ohio.edu
Wed Jun 1 15:34:44 EDT 2011

Hello retail merchandising and fashion product development students...

I wanted to share with you an opportunity for fall 2011.  We are exploring the feasibility of offering a one (1) credit hour workshop course focused on fashion trend forecasting. This course would be an opportunity to interact with our recent Violet Patton lecturer, Fran Yoshioka, who is a professional trend consultant.

The "textbook" would be a subscription ($15 to $20) to the trend webinars.
The course would be Mondays (not every Monday, but about 5 throughout the term) from 4-6 p.m.

Projects would include a trend forecasting presentation modeled after the trend analysis presentations Fran creates. Students would have the opportunity to interact with Fran about career, creativity, professional development, etc.

Please let me know whether you are interesting in adding such as course for fall 2011. I am working on determining the feasibility of the class. I'd love to hear from you by Friday June 3 if possible. (just email me; don't reply all to the listserv!)

All the best,
Dr. P

V. Ann Paulins, Ph.D.
Chairperson, Department of Human and Consumer Sciences Education
Professor, Retail Merchandising and Fashion Product Development
The Gladys W. and David H. Patton College of Education and Human Services
Ohio University
Grover Center E160
Athens, OH  45701
ph: 740.593.2880
fax: 740.593.0284

paulins at ohio.edu<mailto:e-mailname at ohio.edu>
www.cehs.ohio.edu<http://www.cehs.ohio.edu>
http://www.facebook.com/PattonCEHS
http://twitter.com/PattonCEHS

[cid:image001.png at 01CC206D.F9B7FB10]
The best student-centered learning experience in America.