[Ouretail] OU Scholarship Application Instructions
paulins at ohio.edu
Tue Feb 22 16:05:56 EST 2011
Greetings RFPD students (I am also copying faculty in other programs who are invited to send this information on to those students):
Ohio University Online Scholarship Application
January 4 - March 19, 2011
All continuing Ohio University students who attend or plan to attend the Athens campus and who wish to apply for scholarships for the 2011-12 school year must apply between January 4, 2011 and March 19, 2011 via the Online Scholarship Application located on the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships web page. Here are step-by-step instructions for filing the application.
1. Open your web browser (Internet Explorer 7 or Firefox 3.0 and above are preferred; browser help can be found at www-sfa.chubb.ohiou.edu/cf/BrowserHelp.cfm).
2. Type www.ohio.edu/financialaid. This will take you directly to the Student Financial Aid web page.
During the first priority application period (January 4, 2011 through March 19, 2011), a direct link will be available under "Important Links" on the left of the page (use OHIO ID and PASSWORD to log in) or
3. Once you have opened the web page, select "Online Services."
4. Next, select "About Online Resources."
5. Select "Scholarship Application." Enter your OHIO ID and PASSWORD to access the Scholarship Application. The application itself will provide space to summarize your involvement in activities, organizations, honors, jobs, and leadership roles.
6. If you experience problems in accessing the Online Scholarship Application you may need to upgrade your browser to the newest version.
What Else Do I Need To Know?
* All currently enrolled students should complete this application to be considered for
scholarships in the 2011-2012 academic year. This includes students who are freshmen
during the current (2010-2011) academic year.
* To be considered first priority, this application must be submitted by March 19, 2011.
Scholarships are awarded on a first priority basis by the college in which you are enrolled
and by the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships.
* Applicants also use this application to apply for the Athens Campus Deans Scholarships and typically must have:
* accumulated a grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.4 at the end of winter
* earned at least 32 credit hours in the fall and winter quarters of the current
(2010-11) academic year (and be enrolled in at least 16 hours in spring 2011);
* completed a minimum of two quarters at Ohio University; and
* have earned less than 192 credit hours.
* Students who don't meet the criteria for the Deans Scholarship should still apply; GPA
requirements for many private/endowed scholarships vary.
Once you have completed the application, make sure it is submitted. After submitting your application you will receive an e-mail message on your student OHIO account verifying that the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships received your application. The Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships will e-mail to OHIO (OAK) accounts only. Any student who has chosen to have an OHIO account forwarded to a non-university account must be sure to have the forwarding option set correctly (http://technology.ohio.edu/email/forward.html). This will ensure that you receive the e-mail messages properly.
V. Ann Paulins, Ph.D.
Chairperson, Department of Human and Consumer Sciences Education
Professor, Retail Merchandising and Fashion Product Development
The Gladys W. and David H. Patton College of Education and Human Services
Grover Center E160
Athens, OH 45701
paulins at ohio.edu<mailto:e-mailname at ohio.edu>
[cid:image001.png at 01CBD2AA.63702BC0]
The best student-centered learning experience in America.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 7409 bytes
Url : http://listserv.ohio.edu/pipermail/ouretail/attachments/20110222/bcd686ab/attachment-0001.png
More information about the Ouretail