[Ouretail] China Trip Application Deadling extension

xuy at ohio.edu xuy at ohio.edu
Fri Feb 13 11:43:01 EST 2009

We are still taking students' application for the China Trip. The
application deadline has been extended to Friday, Feb. 27.

If you plan to go, please submit your application as soon as possible.  If
you are interested in going, but have concerns over summer courses,
internship, course replacement, etc, I would encourage you to talk to
either Dr. Cone (593-2886) or myself (593-2887).

The application form is available at:
<http://www.ohio.edu/educationabroad/students/Reqsa.cfm>
When filling out the application,  choose "China-Apparel, Textiles and
Retail Merchandising" under "Study Abroad Programs" on the top of the very
first page.

Dr. Xu

--On Wednesday, January 21, 2009 3:18 PM -0500 xuy at ohio.edu wrote:

> I have received several emails asking about the financial obligation to
> the  program upon submitting the application. Thought that some other
> students  may have the same question in mind and I  would like to share
> it with all.
>
> Application itself will not lock the applicant into the trip. After we
> receive and review the application, we will offer "acceptance to the
> program" to the ones who are chosen.  You can either accept or reject the
> "acceptance" offer.  Only when you accept the offer will you be bound to
> the program financially.
>
> So,for those of you who are planning to participate in this program, but
> your final decision is depending on your other arrangements, such as
> internship, etc,, I would encourage you to submit your application first.
> You can reject the "acceptance" offer if your other arrangements will not
> allow you to participate in this program.
>
> If you have any questions, please feel to contact Dr. Cone or myself.
>
> Dr. Xu
>
>  --On Wednesday, January 21, 2009 11:00 AM -0500 xuy at ohio.edu wrote:
>
>> The application deadline for the Study Abroad in China program is this
>> Friday, Jan. 23.  Please let either Dr. Cone or myself (Dr. Xu) know if
>> you have any questions.
>>
>> Dr. Xu
>>
>> --On Monday, January 12, 2009 4:53 PM -0500 xuy at ohio.edu wrote:
>>
>>> Hello, Everyone!
>>>
>>> Hope you had a great Holiday break!
>>>
>>> This email is to remind you that the application deadline, Jan. 23, is
>>> approaching for the Study Abroad in China program.  We are only taking
>>> 15 students with us. Therefore, if you plan to participate, please
>>> apply at your earliest convenience.  Below is a brief summary of the
>>> program:
>>>
>>> What: 	A field trip to China, which includes:
>>> 1)	Visiting factories, who supply products to the U.S. market;
>>> 2)	Visiting International Retailers and Chinese local retailers;
>>> 3)	Visiting International Companies' overseas offices in China;
>>> 4)	Visiting Chinese Academic District,