[OUMRC] Last Meeting

Tyler Brumfield tyty3400 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 18 19:26:56 EDT 2013

Thank you for those of you who attended the last meeting. Much was discussed, mostly with McCarthy's motorcycle parking policy. From what I am told, this policy has been signed into effect and will be implemented as of next year. However, for those that are on the edge with this, there are many benefits to it. A tag will be used to trade off parking ID's amongst vehicles so separate stickers will  not have to be purchased for each vehicle (a tag does not need to be bought, they are being used to help make things a bit easier). Though parking is currently free at university motorcycle parking locations, permits will be implemented next year for 25% of a "regular vehicle permit". Yes, this sounds horrible and unfair at first, but I have word that parking services were going to eventually start charging for permits at some point, and that these permits were going to be much more expensive than that of which was proposed. Since we will be paying to park
 for our bikes, we are supposedly getting more services and benefits out of it (such as more parking spots, recognition, etc.) because we will be recognized as paying customers. I am also told that West Green is in the works for more parking spots to be put in place (including some overnight spots). We're hoping we can expand out to the other Greens after this, then throughout the rest of campus if needed. I met with our organization advisor Todd Stone today and we should be planning some group rides over the summer for the fall. I'm registering for the involvement fair soon, with hopes of actually getting permission to bring bikes on to College Green for extra show and recruiting purposes. I have also been contacted by a design company about shirts and have some ideas in mind I plan on presenting to them about over summer. That's all, safe riding, and don't be afraid to contact fellow members to ride (especially over summer).

Tyler Brumfield

President, OUMRC (Ohio University Motorcycle Riding Club)
Sigma Phi Epsilon, Ohio Xi
Scripps College of Communication, Ohio University

Phone: 614-557-1120
Email: tyty3400 at yahoo.com