[OUCTM-Listserv] Reminder: OUCTM Meeting Tonight 6:30- Athens City School Math Teachers Presentation

Koestler, Courtney koestler at ohio.edu
Wed Nov 18 10:35:59 EST 2015

Greetings!
Tonight there will be a panel of Athens City School teachers talking about the work we have been doing to create positive, district-wide change in mathematics teaching and learning.

This is very important work related to the mission of our PDS model of teacher education, as the Math Committee has worked with all K-6 math teachers in various ways for the past two years.

I hope you will be able to make it and support our ACSD district partners!

Wednesday, Nov. 18
6:30pm
Tupper Hall, Rm. 204

On behalf of the Ohio University Council of Teachers of Mathematics,
Courtney

The Math Committee includes: Maria Douglas (East, 5th), Claire Giardino (East, Principal), Courtney Koestler, Debbie Nogrady (West, Special Education), Nina Sudnick (West, 4th), Colleen Ulbrich (The Plains, 4th), and Courtney Vogt (Morrison-Gordon, 2nd).

---
Courtney Koestler, Ph.D.
Director of SEOCEMS (SouthEast Ohio Center for Equity in Mathematics and Science)
Faculty Member of the Department of Teacher Education
The Patton College of Education
Ohio University
Athens, Ohio 45701
740-593-0118

Hello Mathletes!

Are you interested in making your classroom more student-centered?  Come to our next OUCTM meeting to listen to math teacher members of the Athens City School District Math Committee talk about what they are doing to lead the Athens district in supporting teachers to develop strategies to focus on students as problem solvers by developing and building on their own thinking.

The meeting will take place on WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 18TH, starting at 6:30pm in TUPPER HALL ROOM 204.  The Math Committee includes: Maria Douglas, Claire Giardino, Courtney Koestler, Debbie Nogrady, Nina Sudnick, Colleen Ulbrich, and Courtney Vogt.  Join us to talk about lots of ideas that you can incorporate in your classrooms.  Hope to see you there!

Lori Bertrand

Ohio University Patton College of Education
Integrated Mathematics
Academic Achievement Center Tutor
OUCTM Tutoring Coordinator