[Ouctm-l] OUCTM Speaker

McIntyre, Michelle mm359106 at ohio.edu
Wed Apr 27 21:46:28 EDT 2011

Hi OUCTMers!

OUCTM is very excited to bring the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics’ President-Elect, Linda Gojak, to speak with us about mathematics education. Her talk is titled

Mathematics:  It All Makes Sense!
Abstract: One of the unique characteristics of mathematics is that it built upon reasoning and sense making.  Let's take a look at some student (or teacher) misconceptions and consider how to improve our instructional practice so that every student makes sense out the mathematics they are learning.

This is a free event, open to all people interested in mathematics education grades K-12.
When: Next Tuesday, May 3rd
Time: 7:30 PM
Where: Walter Hall Room 145

There will be light refreshments.  Please see the attached flier for more information.

Again, this is a very big event and would be very beneficial to you if you choose to attend.  We look forward to seeing you all there!

Michelle McIntyre
OUCTM PR Chair and Secretary