[Ouctm-l] Mathematics Winter Schedule

Robert Klein bob at math.ohiou.edu
Tue Sep 22 14:09:12 EDT 2009

The winter schedule for math courses is now online. Please take a look
and let me know if big issues arise (you may only get my sympathy, but
if there is a big population-wide problem, maybe we can react
quickly---as in by Thursday).

Note that I'm offering a math-ed content capstone course (math 369C)
that is an elective (but a 300-level math course), 4 credits. The pre-
reqs are 314 and 330B (or concurrent). I'd pink slip someone taking
314 and/or 330B this quarter.

Idea behind my class is that we teach you a lot of undergrad math
content and I want you to see how all of this fits into the HS math
curriculum. Hence "Advanced Perspectives in mathematics for HS Teachers"

Text is Usiskin et al., Mathematics for High School Teachers, an
Advanced Perspective. Book available for your review if interested.

Best regards and let me know soon if you have interests in any of the
above. Please pass along to friends who may not be on the OUCTM
listserv, facebook, etc.

Thanks,
BK