Ohio Business Service Center Important Purchasing Deadlines for Winter Break Closure

OHIO Business Service Center Communication ohio_business_service_center at listserv.ohio.edu
Wed Dec 13 15:00:57 EST 2023

Dear partners,

Finance has provided the Winter Break Closure deadlines for submission of invoices, payment requests, service agreements, and more as noted below. Please submit your requests in My Bobcat Business<https://help.ohio.edu/TDClient/38/OHIOBSC/Home/?_gl=1*131bk4u*_ga*MTU5ODAzNDAxOC4xNjU1NDg1OTk2*_ga_JR43SKW92E*MTcwMjQ4MzY4NS4xMzUzLjAuMTcwMjQ4MzY4NS42MC4wLjA.> or via BSCpurchasing at ohio.edu<mailto:BSCpurchasing at ohio.edu> ASAP to provide Business Service Center (BSC) staff sufficient time to process your requests to meet these deadlines.

BSC staff will continue to make purchases and travel arrangements and to submit expense reports and reimbursement requests through the end of business next week on a first-come, first-served basis. If you have an urgent request, please reach out to us during business hours using Live Chat<https://forms.office.com/pages/responsepage.aspx?id=B4Aw83xHcEqIiTRhGBfFWjrflV-0ihVNnWZwIvuZg0RUMUVHMkZOMjNSWUNCUUNESk0yVTdVR0k2Wi4u>, which is available under Contact Us on our home page (ohio.edu/bsc<https://www.ohio.edu/finance-administration/business-service-center>).

Lastly, we will continue demonstrations of our new and improved intake forms next semester. Please be on the lookout for additional communication regarding these demos.

________________________________

      Important Deadlines for the Winter Break Closure – as posted by Office of Finance in Business Matters on 12/13, 2023.

As we wind down the calendar year, it is important to start planning for Winter Break Closure (WBC). Please keep in mind the following deadlines:

Payments

The Accounts Payable deadlines below are for invoices submitted to accounts.payable at ohio.edu<mailto:accounts.payable at ohio.edu> and payment request forms submitted in BobcatBUY with a due date prior to Wednesday, January 3rd.

Department Submission to AP for Processing

Scheduled Check Run

Payment Processing Dates

Friday, December 15th by 5:00pm

Friday, December 22nd at 1:00pm

Payments scheduled through Wednesday, January 3rd will pay in this check run.

Submission to AP after Friday, December 15th

Tuesday, January 2nd at 8:00am

If you have an urgent invoice/direct payment that comes in after this deadline, please submit a ticket to financecustomercare at ohio.edu<mailto:financecustomercare at ohio.edu> and we will do our best to process prior to WBC.

Purchasing and Contracts

The Purchasing and Contracts departments have key processing dates for requisitions and contract review in preparation for the WBC period.

For departments that have buying needs over WBC, you will need to ensure you have appropriate coverage setup to approve BobcatBUY requisitions in the system. Purchasing will process requisitions on weekdays (mid-day) during WBC for any requisitions that are complete (ex., contract is in place and legally executed or supplier is setup). If your requisition is a non-catalog PO or a service agreement, please ensure you put through your request by the dates below to ensure it can be processed before the University is closed for WBC.

Department Submission to Purchasing and Contracts

Deadline

Notes

Service agreement requisitions in BobcatBUY

Monday, December 18th at 5:00pm

Service Agreements after this date are not guaranteed processing before WBC.

Non-catalog requisitions in BobcatBUY

Monday, December 18th at 5:00pm

Non-Catalog requisitions after this date are not guaranteed processing before WBC.

Payment Cards

If you anticipate any payment card issues or adjustments to limits, you must make this request to Finance Customer Care no later than 12:00PM on Friday, December 22, 2023. No exceptions or limit increases will be made over WBC so please plan accordingly to avoid last-minute requests/rushes.

Payment Card pickups are by appointment only. Appointments will be scheduled through Friday, December 22, 2023. If you need to schedule an appointment for pickup, please email financecustomercare at ohio.edu<mailto:financecustomercare at ohio.edu>.

Finance Customer Care

During Winter Break Closure, the Finance Customer Care email will be monitored for emergency only issues (financecustomercare at ohio.edu<https://www.ohio.edu/finance/financecustomercare@ohio.edu>). The mailbox will be checked on weekdays (mid-day) during the break periods, to address emergency only issues. All other issues will be addressed when the University officially opens for business after the break period.

Have a wonderful winter break!

The BSC Purchasing and Travel Team

Kelly M. Broughton, MLS, PhD
Director of Operational Purchasing & Travel, OHIO Business Service Center
S106 Lindley Hall • Ohio University • Athens, OH 45701
740.593.2709 • broughtk at ohio.edu<mailto:broughtk at ohio.edu> • she/her/hers
https://www.ohio.edu/bsc

[cid:image001.jpg at 01DA2DD4.68412F30]<https://ohio.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_81FxAad6brOAeQm>