[Ocees] OCEES Special Darwin Lecture Announcements

Roosenburg, Willem roosenbu at ohio.edu
Thu Feb 14 12:11:40 EST 2019

Special Announcements / Events related to Darwin Lecturer Dr. Tracy Langkilde

1)      Reception Social / Dinner: Sunday, 17 Feb 17:30-8:30 - Roosenburg Household 14567 McDaniel Road Amesville Ohio (Google Maps works great). RSVP! We are asking that people bring desert. We will be bathing it in recently made Maple Syrup!

2)      Faculty Coffee: Monday 18 Feb 10:00- 11:00 - LSB 127 Open to any faculty who would like the opportunity to meet and talk with Dr. Langkilde.

3)      Graduate Student Lunch: Monday 18 Feb 12:00- 13:00 - LSB Breakroom Open to all graduate students in OCEES

4)      Darwin Lecture: Monday 18 Feb 16:00- 17:00 Irvine 199 - Evolutionary responses of animals to environmental challenges: coping with noisy landscapes and invasive predators. Please encourage undergraduates in your courses to attend

5)      Darwin Social and Birthday: 17:30-19:30 Union Upstairs on West Union Street. Please come celebrate with all of us.

I am attaching Dr. Langkilde's Schedule for those who have scheduled meetings with her. People meeting with Dr. Langkilde are responsible for getting her to her next meeting place on time.

Thanks you everyone and looking forward to a fun couple of days.

Cheers,
Willem
Willem M Roosenburg

President, Herpetologists' League
Director, Center for Ecology and Evolutionary Studies
Department of Biological Sciences
247 Life Sciences Building
Ohio University
Athens, Ohio 45701

Office: 740.593.9669
Mobile: 740.503.4983
FAX: 740.593.0300

http://malaclemys.weebly.com

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
-- Gandalf, Fellowship of the Ring

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without loss of
enthusiasm."
--Sir Winston Churchill