[Ocees] OCEES Announcements
roosenbu at ohio.edu
Mon Feb 11 12:28:15 EST 2019
Here are the first OCEES Announcements 28 Jan 2019
1) BIOS Seminar: Dr Jeff Grim - University of Tampa - Pumping Iron: a potential role for gut microbiome in supporting adaptive radiation of Antarctic Fishes. 16:00 on Monday 11 February in Irvine 159.
2) Ecolunch: Julia Joos - OU - Biological Sciences. Impact of megafauna extinction on body size distribution in tortoises. 11:50 on Wednesday, 13 February in Irvine 159.
3) PBIO Colloquium: Dr. John Freudentein - Ohio State University. Plants on the Edge: Lessons From Parasitic Heaths (Ericaceae). 11:50 a.m. Friday, 15 Febraury, in Porter Hall 104.
4) Darwin Lecture: Tracy Langkilde Professor and Chair of Biology - Penn State University - Evolutionary responses of animals to environmental challenges: coping with noisy landscapes and invasive predators. 16:00 on Monday 18 February Irvine 199
5) Open Faculty Coffee with Dr. Langkilde on Monday, February 18th from 10-11 in LSB 127; Graduate student lunch with Dr Langkilde 12-13:00 in LSB Lunch Room; Open social after the talk on Monday 17:30 - 17:30 upstairs at the Union.
6) If you would like to meet with Dr. Langkilde please contact me directly there are open time slots available.
7) No Ecolunch 20 February
Willem M Roosenburg
President, Herpetologists' League
Director, Center for Ecology and Evolutionary Studies
Department of Biological Sciences
247 Life Sciences Building
Athens, Ohio 45701
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
-- Gandalf, Fellowship of the Ring
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without loss of
--Sir Winston Churchill
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OCEES