[Ocees] Alumnus Jeff Johnson

Scott M Moody summonzeus at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 09:48:19 EDT 2019

Several pieces of good news:

1, the division of natural areas and preserves was eliminated by previous
Governor and his "rape and pillage" chronies but the new Governor has
reinstated this important division

2  the new chief (see attached) did his BS and MS in our department.  I had
him in herpetology and he was an excellent student.  His MS thesis was with
Jerry Svendsen evaluating small mammal utilization of power line right of
ways.

3.  Very positive changes have been made by the new Governor in that the
new Chief of Wildlife, Kendra Welker is a woman, I have known her for many
years and she is definitely a friend of scientific wildlife biology

4.  Also, the new Director of all the ODNR is a woman and the new Director
of the State Agriculture Department is a woman.

Ah, maybe there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow

--
Scott M. Moody, Ph.D., Associate Professor Emeritus of Evolutionary and
Organismic  Biology