[Ocees] FW: Rethinking the scientific career

Popescu, Viorel popescu at ohio.edu
Fri Oct 6 12:43:53 EDT 2017

Hi scientists, how about a little end-of-the-week reflection about academic career paths (should also make for a good Beer-inar discussion topic)?

http://www.chronicle.com/article/Rethinking-the-Scientific/241361/

Enjoy

Viorel

Viorel D. Popescu, PhD
Assistant Professor of Conservation Biology
Ohio University, Biological Sciences
423 Irvine Hall
Athens, OH 45710

www.vioreldpopescu.com<http://www.vioreldpopescu.com>
@vioreldpopescu
www.ohio.edu/sustainability-theme<http://www.ohio.edu/sustainability-theme>

You might be interested in this opinion piece published in the Chronicles of Higher Education that I just co-authored with three other Leopold Fellows. Born out of frustration, we hope this article will energize all faculty to push back against the norms in academia to celebrate/promote those that traverse the well-trodden scholarly path.

http://www.chronicle.com/article/Rethinking-the-Scientific/241361/

Best regards,
Julian

—