[Ocees] BSGS Speaker Matt Lamanna

Thompson, Cassandra ct824310 at ohio.edu
Mon Nov 27 10:40:23 EST 2017

Hello all,

Please join BSGS in welcoming Dr. Matthew Lamanna, assistant curator of Vertebrate Paleontology at the Carnegie Museum of Natural History in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Dr. Lamanna will be speaking about “New Fossil Discoveries from the end of the Age of Dinosaurs in Antarctica” on Friday, December 1st at 4:00 PM in Irvine 159. There will also be a social following the talk at 5 PM.

Dr. Lamanna’s research interests include Mesozoic continental vertebrate anatomy, paleogeography, paleoecology, systematics, and evolution. His main research emphasizes Cretaceous Dinosaurs of the Southern Hemisphere and the Mesozoic Evolution of Birds.

If you would like to meet with Dr. Lamanna during his visit, please email me (ct824310 at ohio.edu)<mailto:ct824310 at ohio.edu)> or Sam Gutherz ( sg658915 at ohio.edu <mailto:sg658915 at ohio.edu> ). We have 30 minute time slots available from 9 – 12 and 1 – 4 on Friday and a Graduate lunch from 12-1 in Irvine 103.

Cheers,
Cassie Thompson

--
Cassandra M. Thompson