[Ocees] From Don Miles - David Polly Lecture

Roosenburg, Willem roosenbu at ohio.edu
Mon Nov 20 07:42:05 EST 2017

Please broadcast this announcement to the OCEES community.

Professor David Polly will be giving a seminar on 27 November. Dr. Polly is a member of the Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at Indiana University and an Adjunct Professor in the Department of Biological Sciences. He is currently President of the Society of Vertebrate Paleontology. The title of his talk is "Functional traits, environments, and clades:  at the interface of climate, ecology, and evolution."

Dr. Polly will be visiting Athens on Monday and Tuesday (27 & 28 November). If you would like to schedule a meeting with him, please let me know ASAP.

Although Dr. Polly has a research focus in Paleontology, his current research includes a diverse range of neontological topics, e.g., adaptive radiations in Damselfishes, evolution in Marmots, evolution of body form in snakes as revealed by homoplasy in Hox genes, and community diversity as revealed by functional traits.

He will have lunch with graduate students on Monday. Nancy Stevens and I will be hosting a reception at my house on Monday evening. He will be available for a breakfast meeting on Monday.

Cheers,

Don Miles