[Ocees] Field Biologists: Lyme Disease on Rapid Rise

Williams, Kelly williak5 at ohio.edu
Sat Mar 11 09:08:25 EST 2017

Hi all,

We do have to be vigilant in Ohio. I know of several cases in Ross County over the past several years. The Ohio Department of health link below shows cases reported in OH from 1986 to 2016. I don't think all Physician offices report to ODH especially when they treat due to symptoms (e.g., bullseye) versus a positive test result. I emphasize twice daily tick checks to everyone I work with and we keep a tick jar in our lab to encourage everyone to check after a field day.
https://www.odh.ohio.gov/-/media/ODH/ASSETS/Files/bid/zdp/Diseases/lyme/lymemap.pdf?la=en

Enjoy!
Kelly Williams