[Ocees] posting on OCEES listserv

Popescu, Viorel popescu at ohio.edu
Thu Nov 17 10:17:25 EST 2016

Hi everyone,

We would like to encourage you to use the OCEES listserv by posting events, jobs, etc. that are relevant for the OCEES audience. The listserv is not meant as a one-way communication from Willem or I to you, but rather a place where we can exchange information. For example, Catherine used the listserv to advertise her Science Café talk.
Because OCEES members represent many research groups, Depts and Schools, we  encourage people that organize or learn about events to post them (e.g., GIS Day yesterday, the CEPS film series, events from the Curricular Theme that you represent, seminars and colloquia etc.). There are many announcements that go out (from CAS or University) that are general and sometimes people ignore them; OCEES really permeates Departments and groups with similar interests, so I suspect that posting on the listserv might have an impact on the attendance of various events.

Cheers,
Viorel

Viorel D. Popescu, PhD
Assistant Professor of Conservation Biology
Ohio University, Biological Sciences
423 Irvine Hall
Athens, OH 45701

www.vioreldpopescu.com<http://www.vioreldpopescu.com>