[Oafcs] FW: NMAFCS's Response to Academy Model

Jennifer Klaus jklaus at neo.rr.com
Wed Dec 4 05:23:44 EST 2013

I do feel we lost our identity with the name change and feel we will possibly loss our identity further with the Academy.  When people ask what FCS is I tell them it is "home ec on steroids." They understand this and ask how is it better. It is an easy conversation starter and a connection to who we are.  I do like the idea of "bring back home economics" but I also fear that we set ourself up for a narrow vision from the public. What ever happens we need market ourselves.  We seem to do a good job advocating for others but for our survival we also need to advocate for ourselves.
Jennifer Klaus FCS
FCS Teacher

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note® 3