[Newman-l] Newman-Week 10

Scott, Lindsey ls293209 at ohio.edu
Mon Mar 18 23:58:19 EDT 2013

Hey everybody!!

This week's meeting will be on Wednesday at 7:15 PM at the PC!! Come and have a great time! The sisters will also be here for the meeting, so please welcome them!  Here are more announcements for this week and the future to come:

-TOMORROW (Tuesday), Guys for God will be meeting at the PC in the lounge at 8:00 PM! Come and have manly bonding!

-Wednesday, there will be a group getting together at the PC to say the Rosary at 4:15 PM!

-Wednesday, there will be a Mass at 5:15 PM at Christ the Kings Parish Center's Chapel.  There will be FREE food afterwards (about 6:00 PM).

-For Wednesday's meeting, if you are doing Race for a Reason, PLEASE bring emails and/or addresses for the sponsorship writing for the race.  Also, PLEASE bring the information for your home parish as well.

-Thursday, there will not be a Mass at 5:15 PM.  There will be Adoration from 6:00-7:00 PM in Christ the King's Chapel.  Then afterwards, from 7:00-8:00 PM there will be a Penance Service in Christ the King. There will be about 9 priests available for confessions.  I highly encourage everyone to go to this Reconciliation event as a part of our Lenten journeys.  This is a great way to be clear of your sins (even if they are small ones) before Easter.

-This Saturday (March 23rd) is Service Saturday! We will be going to parishioner's houses and assisting them with their house and yard work.  It will be from 11:00 AM-4:00 PM.  We need a lot of people to help out with this event, so please contact Amanda Lockwood if you are interested! Her email is al386308 at ohio.edu

-Next Tuesday (March 26th), a group of us is going to Marietta for the Chrism Mass at St. Mary's.  We will be leaving Christ the King at 6:00 PM.  This is the Mass where all of the oils are blessed that the church uses for the year.  It should be a wonderful Mass, so if you would like to come, contact Sarah Nimeth (sn309208 at ohio.edu).

-Next Wednesday (March 27th) is Elections! If you are interested in running for a position and have not discussed it with Sarah Nimeth, Please do so ASAP.  THIS Wednesday, you will need to tell her what you are interested in running for.  If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Sarah (sn309208 at ohio.edu).

-SAVE THE DATE!! Newman Retreat is the weekend of April 19th-21st.

I hope you guys have a fantastic week! Remember that Holy Week is next week, so start thinking about what Church Masses or other events you would like to go to. I hope to see you guys on Wednesday!!!!!

Lindsey Scott
Publicity Chair
www.ohio.edu/~newman<http://www.ohio.edu/~newman>