[Newman-l] Newman-Week 9

Scott, Lindsey ls293209 at ohio.edu
Mon Mar 11 23:20:11 EDT 2013

Hey everyone!!

I hope you all had a great Spring Break!  This Wednesday we have a Newman meeting at 7:15 PM at the PC.  This should be a great meeting so please come and participate!!  Here are more future announcements:

-Wednesday, there will be a group of us getting together to pray the Rosary at the PC at 4:45 PM.

-Wednesday, there will be a Mass at the Parish Center's Chapel at 5:15 PM.  There will also be FREE dinner afterwards (around 6:00 PM).

-Those who are playing intramural soccer, please bring $5 to the Newman meeting and give it to Megan Norris.  We will be participating in the competitive league (though it will still be fun and not too intense).  We will be playing on Sundays at 9:50 PM. If you have any interest in playing or have any questions about it, talk to Megan (if you haven't already) (her email: mn175810 at ohio.edu).

-A friendly reminder, please welcome the Catholic Student Ministry from the University of Virginia this week! They are in Athens helping with Habitat for Humanity.  They have been invited to our activities this week, so please be social and welcome them to Ohio University if you see them around campus.

-THIS WEEKEND FOR MEN, there will be a men's conference this Saturday.  The registration can be done at the door when you arrive to the retreat.  The registration fee is paid for by the parishes.  Transportation will also be provided.  Everyone will be meeting at Christ the King parking lot at 7:00 AM on Saturday (March 16th).  Everyone will be arriving back in Athens around 4:00 PM.  If you manly men have any questions, PLEASE feel free to contact Dakota Stapleton (ds325509 at ohio.edu), he would be happy to help!

-Service Saturday will be on March 23rd!  It will be from 11:00 AM-4:00 PM.  We need as many Newmaners to help out as we can!  We will be going to parishioner's houses and assisting them in doing chores and house work.  If you are interested in helping out or would like more information about this service event, contact Amanda Lockwood (al386308 at ohio.edu).

-Upcoming Elections will be on Wednesday, March 27th!!  If you are interested in running for a position and have not yet spoken with Sarah, please do so this week either by email or in person at Newman! Remember that you will need to tell her WHAT you are interested in running for by Wednesday, March 20th.  If you have any questions about elections or the process, please contact Sarah Nimeth (sn309208 at ohio.edu)

-SAVE THE DATE!!! Newman Retreat is the weekend of April 19th-21st.

Have a great rest of the week and I hope to see all of you on Wednesday for a great start after Spring Break!!

Lindsey Scott
Publicity Chair
www.ohio.edu/~newman<http://www.ohio.edu/~newman>