[Newman-l] Newman-Week 7

Scott, Lindsey ls293209 at ohio.edu
Mon Feb 25 20:42:52 EST 2013

Hey all!

This Wednesday there will be a Newman meeting at the PC at 7:15 PM.  This meeting will be awesome!  So come and have a great time!  Here are more announcements:

-TONIGHT!! Ladies for the Lord will be at the PC at 9:00 PM.  Girls, get ready to workout to insanity!!

-Wednesday, there will be a group of us praying the Rosary at 4:45 PM at the PC.

-Wednesday, we will be having Mass at the Parish Center's Chapel at 5:15 PM.  There will also be FREE dinner afterwards (around 6:00 PM).

-Wednesday, if you are interested in doing Race for a Reason and you have not signed up yet, please bring $5 to Wednesday's Newman meeting.  If you have any questions, feel free to email Megan Norris (mn175810 at ohio.edu).  There will be more details about fundraising for this event at Wednesday's meeting.  Don't be afraid to get involved!!

-Thursday, there will be an Info Session for current Newman officers and anyone who is looking into a leadership position.  If you are not able to attend this meeting and you are a current officer or someone who is interested in having a future officer position, email Sarah Nimeth (sn309208 at ohio.edu).  The time changed from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM.  So we will meet at the PC at 7:00 PM.

-SAVE THE DATE!!  Newman Retreat is the weekend of April 19th-21st.

-Newman is doing an intramural sport!! After spring break we are going to start an outdoor soccer team (11 v 11)!  Please email Megan Norris (mn175810 at ohio.edu) or talk to her at Wednesday's meeting if you are interested and want to play on our team.  Sign ups are the week after Spring Break, so we need to know who all is interested and what time works best in everyone's schedule.

-Also, this week is National Eating Disorder Awareness Week.  There are many people suffering from this disorder and some may not even know it.  Please keep these people and their family and loved ones in your prayers.  We will be holding a "prayer power hour" on Thursday after the Info Session meeting (if you are not attending and want to come to the power hour, then meet at the PC around 7:30).  We will pray for continued support of those suffering and a change in the pressures society places on any individual's self-esteem.  We will pray the Rosary and spend time in Meditation.  Anyone is welcome to join.

That is all for announcements!! Have a great rest of the week and I hope to see all of you on Wednesday!!

Lindsey Scott
Publicity Chair
www.ohio.edu/~newman<http://www.ohio.edu/~newman>