[Newman-l] Newman-Week 6

Scott, Lindsey ls293209 at ohio.edu
Mon Feb 18 23:05:15 EST 2013

Hey everyone!

This Wednesday we will not have a Newman meeting.  Instead, we will attend the Lenten Mission at Christ the King at 7:00 PM.  I highly encourage you all to go to this talk about Lent because I heard the speaker was amazing! We will have a small meeting for announcements before the Lenten Mission at 6:45 PM. Here are more announcements coming up:

-Tomorrow (Tuesday), in case you are not able to go to Wednesday's talk at 7:00 PM, the speaker will be at Christ the King again at 7:00 PM.

-Wednesday, there will be a group of us praying the Rosary at 4:45 PM at the PC.  Anyone is more than welcome to join!

-Wednesday, the usual Wednesday Mass will be in the Christ the King Parish Center's Chapel at 5:15 PM.  There will be no dinner afterwards.

-Wednesday, if you are committed to running Race for a Reason, please give $5 to Megan Norris at the meeting before the Lenten Mission.  Race for a Reason will be taken place on April 27th.  If you have any questions, email Megan Norris (mn175810 at ohio.edu).  There will be more details about fundraising for this event also at the meeting before the Lenten Mission.

-February 23rd (This Saturday), we will be taking a trip to the Carey Shrine Pilgrimage in Carey, OH.  We will be leaving the PC at 7:00 AM and arriving back to Athens at 7:00 PM.  We will take a tour of the Shrine and getting to know the history of it.  We will also attend Mass in the Upper Basilica, have some lunch, see the presentation of the Year of Faith, see the stations of the cross, and then end it with the Pilgrimage Devotions.  It may be a long day, but it will all be worth it! It will be a very rewarding and exciting experience! If you are interested, contact Sarah Nimeth (sn309208 at ohio.edu).

-Ladies for the Lord next week!! Details will be given at a later date.

-February 28th, there will be an Info Session for current Newman officers and ANYBODY who is looking into a leadership position.  Meet at the PC at 6:00 PM.  If there are any complications and you cannot attend this meeting (whether if you are an officer or someone who is interested in having a future officer position), contact Sarah Nimeth (sn309208 at ohio.edu).

-SAVE THE DATE!! Newman Retreat is the weekend of April 19th-21st.

Also, I would like to send out a special THANK YOU to all of those who had helped with the Fish Fry! We greatly appreciate it!  I hope all of you have a great rest of the week and hopefully I will see you all on Wednesday!!

Lindsey Scott
Publicity Chair
www.ohio.edu/~newman<http://www.ohio.edu/~newman>