[Newman-l] Newman-Week 5

Scott, Lindsey ls293209 at ohio.edu
Mon Feb 11 17:15:04 EST 2013

Hey everyone!!

This Wednesday is Ash Wednesday!! Instead of our usual weekly meeting, we will meet at the PC at 6:30 PM and then head over to Christ the King.  Then Mass will start at 7:00 PM.  I highly recommend coming early and meeting with us at 6:30 PM because last year's Mass was packed and we want to get good seats and sit together! Here are future events coming up:

-TONIGHT!! Ladies for the Lord will be taking place at the Parish Center at 8:30 PM! We will have a baking party and make some cookies and other delicious snacks for an upcoming bake sale Newman is having!  We also are going to have a bible study. Bring any baking supplies if you would like!

-Wednesday, I will be driving to West Green (near the Convo) to pick up a few people and take them to the PC before we head to Mass.  If you would like a drive PLEASE let me know!! I will be making a trip over there around 6:15 PM. So feel free to email me (ls293209 at ohio.edu) or text me (740-336-8998).

-This Friday there will be a Race for a Reason meeting being held at the PC.  So for those who are interested and committed, bring $5 and show up at 3:00 PM.  This is an awesome race! You have the choice of many different types of races (mine is the mud run) that you could run! If you have any questions, email Megan Norris (mn175810 at ohio.edu).

-Also this Friday, Newman will be participating in the Fish Fry at the Parish Center!! We need all the help we can get.  Don't hesitate to volunteer! Email Megan Norris (mn175810 at ohio.edu) to let her know if you have any questions or if you would like to help out with the dinner! Arrive at 3:30 PM at the PC (which if you are at the Race for a Reason meeting, it is perfect to just help out with this event right afterwards!).

-On February 18-20th, there is a Parish Lenten Mission at Christ the King from 7:00-8:00 PM.

-February 23rd, we will be taking a trip to Carey, Ohio for the Carey Shrine Pilgrimage.  We will be leaving the PC at 7:00 AM and will be arriving back in Athens around 7:00 PM.  We will be taking a tour of the Shrine (and getting to know the history of it), attend Mass in the Upper Basilica, have a tasty lunch, see the presentation of the Year of Faith and what it means, seeing the stations of the cross, and then ending it with the Pilgrimage Devotions.  I know this trip contains long hours and will be a long day, but this is a very rewarding experience!!! If you are interested (which I hope all of you are), PLEASE contact Sarah Nimeth (sn309208 at ohio.edu).

-February 28th, there will be an Info Session for current Newman officers and ANYONE who is interested in running for a leadership position. Meet at the PC at 6:00 PM.  If there are complications and you are not able to attend this meeting (whether if you are an officer or someone who is looking into a future officer position), contact Sarah Nimeth (sn309208 at ohio.edu).

-Save the Date!! Retreat is the weekend of April 19th-21st.  It will be an amazing time!!

This is all the announcements for now!! I hope all of you have a great week and I will see you at 6:30 on Wednesday!!

Lindsey Scott
Publicity Chair
www.ohio.edu/~newman<http://www.ohio.edu/~newman>