[Newman-l] Pilgrimage to National Shrine

Scott, Lindsey ls293209 at ohio.edu
Fri Feb 8 09:48:18 EST 2013

If you were not at the Newman meeting this Wednesday, I spoke about our upcoming pilgrimage to the Basilica and National Shrine of Our Lady of Consolation in Carey, Ohio.  Below is more information about the trip and what to expect.  To sign up and/or ask any questions, you can email me at sn309208 at ohio.edu.  Thank you andhave a stupendous weekend!
-Sarah N

What? Pilgrimage to the Basilica and National Shrine of Our Lady of Consolation in Carey, Ohio.  The Basilica is a place of healing and countless blessings through the intercession of Mary, Our Lady of Consolation.  For more information about the Shrine visit http://www.olcshrine.com/.  See the schedule below!

When? Saturday February 23rd.  We will be leaving Athens at 7:00am and returning around 7:00pm.

Who? This pilgrimage has been scheduled specifically for students and our needs which could be especially powerful during this dreary winter season.  It is also a great way to begin the Season of Lent!  While this may be of specific interest to Catholic students, this trip is open to ALL students!  So consider attending and bringing a friend or two!

Why? To offer prayers of thanks and to confide our needs to the Mother of God as Mary, Consoler of the Afflicted.

And it's FREE!

Schedule

10:00am      Arrive at the Shrine
10:00am      Tour and History of the Shrine
11:00am      Pilgrimage Mass in Upper Basilica
11:30pm      Lunch (Kate's mom is making lunch for us!)
12:30pm      Presentation by Fr. John on Year of Faith
1:00pm        Walking Stations of the Cross in the Park (weather permitting)
2:00pm        Pilgrimage Devotions – Upper Basilica
    -Opening Hymn
    -Rosary
    -Prayers for Healing
    -Prayers with Individual Pilgrims with the Relic of the True Cross
2:45pm        Farewell Blessing at our cars