[Newman-l] Service Opportunities

Lockwood, Amanda al386308 at ohio.edu
Wed Oct 3 15:47:34 EDT 2012

___________________________________

Looking for service hours?  Look no further!

TWO
SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES
THIS SATURDAY!

1) An older woman of our parish recently lost her husband and is in need of help with her yardwork.  She has asked us to help with weeding, mowing, raking, and trimming.  We will be meeting at the Parish Center at 7:45 on Saturday morning and driving over to her house (about 10 minutes from campus).  Please dress appropriately and plan on spending about 2-3 hours at her place.  Contact Megan Norris @ mn175810 at ohio.edu if you have questions.

2) United Campus Ministry's weekly free meal - We are helping out at UCM this Saturday from 11am-3:30pm (or whenever clean-up is done so should be a lot earlier!!) Serving Lunch starts at 1:00.  It is a soup kitchen and we will be helping serve food and  volunteers are encouraged to eat and mingle with other guests. Service is ALSO about being in community, not just mopping floors, so get to know the people around you!  Meet us here at 10:45am on Saturday and plan on spending about 2-3 hours having fun and knowing that you are contributing to providing the Athens community with more than 5,000 nutritious, free meals a year!  EMAIL Amanda Lockwood @ al386308 at ohio.edu IF YOU ARE COMING!

United Campus Ministry (Center for Spiritual Growth & Social Justice)
18 N. College Street (block and a half from College Green)

Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms - 1 Peter 4:10