[Newman-l] FW: Food

Pokas, Olivia op728808 at ohio.edu
Wed Nov 28 13:09:35 EST 2012

Olivia Pokas
Ohio University
Communication Science & Disorders
      Linguistics
      Psychology
      TEFL Certificate
      Gerontology Certificate
+ 1 740 391 3354
________________________________
From: Matt Carlyle [mattc at good-works.net]
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 3:40 PM
To: Denbow, Hannah; garyhud at gmail.com; Andrea Horsch; mchapin10 at gmail.com; Ruthanna12 at aol.com; Bump, Michael; Allen, Maria; Bissell, Andrew; margart50 at yahoo.com; Krueger, Margaret; Pokas, Olivia; Rachel Levine; Salazar, Matthew
Subject: Food

Hello Everyone,
Below is a message from our executive director Keith Wasserman. It concerns food. Thanks for reading it and thanks for being a valuable part of Good Works.

-Matt
--
Matthew Carlyle
Timothy House Care-Giver
mattc at good-works.net

WOULD YOU ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO ORGANIZE A FOOD DRIVE FOR GOOD WORKS?
This year, Good Works will provide men, women and children struggling with poverty with more than 21,000 meals through five different Good Works initiatives. MOST of this food is donated to us. We provide meals every day at The Timothy House*,  throughout the week at The Hannah House and a meal every Friday night to about 130-150 people. Also on Fridays' we provide about 40-50 families with 'take-home' food after Friday Night Life. We also provide food boxes through the Transformation Station.
Right now, our food pantry at the Transformation Station is at an all-time LOW. This particular Good Works initiative is unique: We provide opportunities for people struggling with poverty to volunteer their time to serve others and in exchange for their service they get points to get things they need. It looks like this: People struggling with poverty volunteer their time to help people in Athens County struggling with poverty and receive points to go shopping in our pantry. ONE food box is provided through ONE morning of service.
We are seeking volunteer groups to do a food drive for us right NOW. Would you pass the word? Maybe you know a group of kids or teens or adults who would like to help Good Works and the people we serve in this way.  For more information, e-mail us at goodworks at good-works.net or contact us by telephone.
If you call ahead, food can be brought to the Good Works property 7857 Luhrig Road. (594.3336 or 594.3339)

Thank you for considering this request!