[Newman-l] Relay for Life!

Lefebvre, Courtney cl195907 at ohio.edu
Sun Apr 4 19:41:59 EDT 2010

Hey all,

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend!  But alas, weekends are short and its back to business Monday.  And speaking of, remember last Wednesday when I told you all you'd be hearing me sound off about Relay for Life all quarter?  Well that starts now.

 First up, letter writing party!  So the folks over at Relay for Life changed the date on me for the letter writing fundraiser they've organized for all the teams.  Rather than Wednesday, its now tomorrow, Monday the 5th from 730-10pm in Baker Ballroom. I sent around the facebook event if anyones interested in checking it out themselves.

I really encourage you all to participate in this one, its a super easy way to raise money for a good cause.  Just bring a list of addresses, family friends, what have you, and send out a couple letters.  I'm working until 9, and will gladly head up to Baker then with anyone who wants to meet me at the pc.  If a group wants to head up earlier that works too, or if anyone just runs in on their own--just let them know you're part of the Newman team and you're good to go.

Pizza will be provided by the folks at Relay as well, which is always good.

Also, another fundraising option is via Relay's website.  The Relay team is really hyping this one up, and apparently its been pretty successful.  On the website you can all sign up as members of the Newman Community by clicking 'Join an Existing Team' and finding Newman at OU, or you can search by captain, which'd be me.  Basically, you send around the link to our team page to anyone you think might be willing to donate to the American Cancer Society, and they're able to make a donation online.  This probably beats the letter writing as the easiest fundraiser you will ever be asked to participate in.  As former fundraising and social chair, trust me, I would know.  This http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY10OH?team_id=611689&pg=team&fr_id=23472  is the page you need to join the Newman team and send around for donations.

Thanks so much for supporting this guys, Relay really is a fantastic university-wide fundraiser for a great cause.  Our team goal is $1,000, which seems like a pretty big number, but if individually 20 of us can raise $50 apiece we're there, and thats not so unrealistic a goal.  Best of luck to all of you with your fundraising endeavors!

Peace,

Courtney