[MWERA] MWERA 2017 Conference Updates

MWERA List mwera at listserv.ohio.edu
Thu May 4 11:57:42 EDT 2017

Dear MWERA Members!

We are gearing up for the 40th Annual conference of the Mid-western
Educational Research Association and we need YOU! Here's how to get
involved to help create a great conference...

1. *Sign up!* Go to this website:
https://convention2.allacademic.com/one/mwera/mwera17/ and create a new
account. Instructions are attached. *NOTE: Even if you created an account
before, you must do it again each year.*

2. *Get Involved! *Please pick one or two divisions and sign up to
volunteer! We need lots of proposal reviewers to start reviewing
submissions in a few weeks. We also need session chairs and session
discussants. See attached instructions.

3. *Submit Your Work!!* Don't forget to submit a paper AND encourage your
colleagues and/or advanced grad students to submit. The call for papers is
attached. Remember, proposals do NOT have to match the conference theme.

4. *Know Your Role! * Some time ago, one of our long-standing members wrote
an article about the roles and responsibilities of MWERA participants. It
is attached. Please read to learn how to maximize your conference
experience.

5. *Join the Team!* We still need experienced MWERA members to lead a
couple of our divisions on the conference planning team. Please consider
serving in this important role. If you're interested, contact me at
mwera2017 at gmail.com for more info.

Thank you for your continued support and for sharing in the excitement with
us again for our 40th conference year. We look forward to working with you!

Tracey A. Stuckey-Mickell

MWERA VP & 2017 Program Chair