[Mathregionals] Library Link Changes

Eisworth, Todd eisworth at ohio.edu
Wed May 22 14:27:34 EDT 2019

Hi all,

Please see the message below from our subject librarian John Canter.

Best,

Todd
-------------------

Hello Mathematics Department faculty,

I hope you had a successful spring semester!

Please forward this email to all faculty in your departments or centers.

Some time ago, our links to e-resources (journals, databases, e-books, etc.) changed to reflect upgrades in our authentication process.  The links have been changed in ALICE and on our web site for quite some time, but I wanted to communicate these changes to you in case you link directly to library content for your courses.

If you link directly to library content (databases, journals, e-books, etc.) you may need to update your links on your syllabi or within your Blackboard courses.

For example, the old, soon-to-be-retired links look something like

  *   http://www.library.ohio.edu/ezpauth/redir/athens.php?https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/0278364904041325
Those links should be changed to

  *   http://proxy.library.ohio.edu/login?url=https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/0278364904041325

The old links are likely being retired by July 1.

Note 1: If you have only been linking to the ALICE record [for example MathSciNet<http://alice.library.ohio.edu/record=e1000078~S7> or arxiv.org<http://alice.library.ohio.edu/record=e1000304~S7>], then you won't need to make any changes to those links, as we've made the appropriate changes on our end.

Note 2: The now outdated links haven't been offered by the library since the summer of 2016, so if you've added any new library links to any of your resources since then, they are fine. These changes will only affect those links that you added prior to Fall 2016.

Wishing you a great summer,
John

John M. Canter MLIS, MBA
Subject Librarian for the Physical Sciences & Mathematics
Alden Library
Ohio University
Athens, Ohio 45701
740-593-0329
canter at ohio.edu<mailto:canter at ohio.edu>
Make an appointment with me.<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fohiou.libcal.com%2Fappointment%2F10651&data=02%7C01%7C%7Cdf64e90a8ac141a4765508d6dee32930%7Cf3308007477c4a70888934611817c55a%7C0%7C0%7C636941464553909305&sdata=fcr4SzxIfO%2BQCvhWM1kGtkSIOszoc1BNa8SyFoGtX0I%3D&reserved=0>
Pronouns: he/him/his

[singleline_1]
University Libraries

[firstgenmetoo_sig]<https://www.ohio.edu/uc/firstgen/index.cfm>