[Mathregionals] OIT Security PHISHING EMAILS

Delaval, Molly delaval at ohio.edu
Fri Mar 22 14:05:06 EDT 2019

All,

Please forward any of these emails you get directly to security at ohio.edu<mailto:security at ohio.edu>; EVERY time, ALL the time.
If you happen to open an attachment or select a link in a Phishing email, I would suggest you call them at the number below.

.....always feel free to stop in the office and ask about something that doesn't look quite right. Similar emails were being sent out last week in connection with the Printer Updates I was giving.

Here is a clip directly from our OIT site.

Report an Information Security Incident<https://www.ohio.edu/oit/security/report-information-security-incident>

An information security incident is anything that indicates a threat to computer systems or university data. You can report a potential information security incident by email to security at ohio.edu<mailto:security at ohio.edu> or by phone to 740-566-7233. If the incident involves life or safety, call 911 immediately. When reporting by email, provide relevant details and be aware that the Information Security Office will contact you with next steps.

Molly deLaval
Department Administrator, Mathematics
Ohio University
Morton Hall 321