[Mathregionals] policy on ratings to raises

Mohlenkamp, Martin mohlenka at ohio.edu
Thu Feb 21 15:12:52 EST 2019

Hello,

Last spring we discussed an update to the portion of our evaluation
policy dealing with the use of ratings to determine merit raises. It had
widespread support but the semester ended and we did not vote on it, so
we need to start the process again.

The proposal has been modified slightly since last Spring, to account
for the eventual incorporation of regional faculty and the possible name
changes for faculty types that faculty senate is discussing. The
proposal passed through the advisory board without dissent.

I am now sending it to you to initiate the formal two-week comment
period, which will end on Friday 8 March. You have the right to call for
a faculty meeting to discuss this proposal; let me know if you desire to
do so.

Although they are not part of our current policy process, I am also
sending this message to regional faculty for comment.

Cheers,
Martin

--
Martin J. Mohlenkamp