[Mathregionals] Friday morning

Eisworth, Todd eisworth at ohio.edu
Wed Apr 24 13:27:38 EDT 2019

Hi all,

Let's go ahead and aim for Friday morning 9-12 in Lancaster.  We'll have Zoom set up for those that want to attend remotely.

Our OU-Z people are unable to attend due to commitments on their campus, but I'm planning on doing campus visits over the next few weeks regardless so everyone will get another chance to talk with me.  We'll also aim to have an event in Athens the week before fall classes to bring everyone together.

I mainly just want a chance to talk with you all about things, and listen while you all have a chance to talk together as well.  We still haven't received much guidance on the transition to "One Ohio University", but at the very least I'd like to leave with

a)       An understanding of concerns RHE math faculty have about integrating with the main department, and

b)      An understanding of the strengths you all bring, so that we can think about how we can make everything fit and end up stronger together than we are individually.

Best,

Todd