[Latino Student Union OU] OUCD Voter Reg

Sabruno, Heather hs016112 at ohio.edu
Mon Aug 11 19:12:48 EDT 2014

Hi!

My name is Heather Sabruno, and I am the Secretary of OU College Democrats. This fall OUCD will be doing as much voter registration as possible on campus, especially since this is a gubernatorial election year. If possible I would like to have one, or two members of OUCD come to one of your organization's meetings and ask members if they would like to register to vote. Even if students registered last year on campus, they must register again if they have a new address to be able to vote, and it is important they know this. This would only take 5-10 minutes of your meeting time. We would simply explain why we are there, and then have the students pass a clip board with voter registration forms, or they could talk to us about it after the meeting. Voter registration is very important to OUCD and it is one of our man goals to encourage students to be politically active.

So any organization that can help us out would be greatly appreciated! Just send me an email back with the name of your organization and its President, and the meeting times.

I look forward to hearing from you all and hope you're enjoying the end of summer! Thanks!