[Latino Student Union OU] Minutes January 6th, 2011

Rodriguez, Erika er113108 at ohio.edu
Mon Jan 10 22:59:04 EST 2011

Latino Student Union

January 6th, 2011

  1.  Call to order at 7:15p.m.

  2.  Attendance: Delianny, Mike, Erika, James Singer, Jaffet, Lupita, Andres, Hector, Antonio, Andi, Rachel Wood , Alyssa

  3.  Exec Board Reports

     *   President

     *   VP

        *   Look into some community service

     *   Treasurer-

        *   Nominations: Delianny, Hector

        *   Voting will be during the next meeting

     *   Secretary

        *   Send Lupita an invitation for the list serve

           *   galvarez1092 at yahoo.com

  4.  Old Business

     *   T-shirts: mostly everyone paid

        *   22 were ordered

        *   They should be here early next week.

        *   Sebastian hasn't ordered the flags yet, but he will check out prices and everything.

     *   List serve- send one to Lupita

     *   Save the children- Delianny

        *   Alyssa will help with fundraising ideas

           *   Game show, “are you smarter than a 5th grader”

              *   Get teachers involved

              *   Go to stores and get gift bags and free things

              *   Baker Theater is free

              *   Mike will check when the theater is free

           *   Date Auctioning

           *   Speed Dating

  5.  New Business

     *   Weekly meeting time for this quarter.

        *   Wednesdays at 8:30

     *   Black Student Union Multicultural Student Org. Fair

        *   We can have a table

        *   Get on stage and perform: Salsa dancing, rap

           *   Also explain everything about LSU

     *   BSU social

        *   We can make and bring cultural food

        *   Buffalo Wild Wings

           *   With a bone on Tuesdays

           *   Without a bone on Thursdays

     *   Salsa Dancing lessons/program for this quarter.

        *   The lady that teaches lessons teaches all kinds, so Bachata is possible.

        *   We need emergency SAC funding so this is why we absolutely need a treasurer.

        *   Maybe collaborate with UPC

        *   Could be in the ballroom in Baker.

           *   Someone needs to check when the ballroom is open in week 7 or 8.

              *   We need prices

              *   Dance floor is $400 (SAC can pay for that)

              *   Mike will check that out.

        *   Salsa dance? Where they only play salsa, merengue and bachata

           *   Probably in spring quarter for Cinco De Mayo.

           *   Bring in UPC.

     *   Discussion

        *   Topics for upcoming quarter:

           *   Holiday Celebrations

           *   Music

           *   Latino Identity

           *   Currency in different countries

     *   Open Floor

        *   Cinco de Mayo

           *   Dance

           *   What kind of food:

              *   Gran Ranchero

              *   SAC pays for it because it's ethnic food.

           *   Who do we want for a speaker.

           *   The whole program idea should be done by at least week 8 so it can be presented to other organizations.

     *   Meeting adjourned at 7:42p.m.