[Latino Student Union OU] FW: Adopt-A-Tree: Your Organization can make a positive difference in Athens County!

Osorio, Sebastian so333707 at ohio.edu
Sun Oct 17 23:26:02 EDT 2010

________________________________
From: Amanda Jones [akjones1024 at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2010 9:30 AM
To: jcon at ohio.edu
Subject: Adopt-A-Tree: Your Organization can make a positive difference in Athens County!

Hello,

There is an opportunity for your organization to make a positive difference in Athens County!
Saturday October 23rd is Make a Difference Day 2010.

COMCorps (an Americorps program run through the Ohio University’s School of Osteopathic Medicine) is teaming up with local organizations* and community volunteers to plant 100 fruit and nut trees in Athens County on October 23rd. Trees will be planted outside of several food pantries in the area, in order to increase the pantries’ sustainability. We will also plant trees throughout The Plains, in order to restore the natural landscape that was recently devastated by the violent windstorms that swept the county.

*Local organizations include: Athens City-County Health Department, Community Food Initiatives and Athens Arborist LLC.

YOUR ORGANIZATION CAN HELP by sponsoring trees!
Trees can be sponsored for just $20 apiece, with that cost covering the tree, fencing, mulch, and water.
All other donations toward the project are welcome, and greatly appreciated...

INTERESTED IN MAKING A POSITIVE CONTRIBUTION?
TO SPONSOR: please see attached form

For more information please contact Keri Brannon at: 740-593-2274.

For more information on Make a Difference Day, please visit: http://www.handsonnetwork.org/nationalprograms/signatureevents/MakeADifferenceDay

For more information on Homegrown Hope, please visit:
http://daytabank.handsonnetwork.org/event/homegrown-hope-planting-seeds-sustainability-athens-county

OR

http://www.facebook.com/nlanphier#!/pages/Adopt-A-Tree-for-Make-a-Difference-Day-2010/152977351407671?v=wall

Please let me know if you have any questions!  We would greatly appreciate your help!

Thanks so much,

Amanda Jones
AmeriCorps/ComCorps Volunteer