[Latino Student Union OU] Minutes-LSU

Rodriguez, Erika er113108 at ohio.edu
Thu Nov 11 19:58:42 EST 2010

Latino Student Union

November 11th, 2010

  1.  Call to order at: 7:20

  2.  Attendance: Erika, Alex W, Alex, T, Andi, Mike, Raquel, Andres Castillo- dc922210 at ohio.edu<mailto:dc922210 at ohio.edu>, Gabi, Vicente, Sebastian

  3.  Reports

     *   New Treasurer

        *   Delianny or Hector

        *   We will have a vote at the beginning of Winter Quarter

        *   They need to do emergency SAK the first week.

  4.  Old Business

     *   Speakers

        *   Father Jesús- Today at 8:00 p.m.

        *   Bentley 132

        *   Colombian human rights movement

     *   Community Service

        *   Mr. Empower

           *   February 3rd, 7-9

           *   $50 registration

           *   Pick someone from our organization, winner receives $100

           *   Help people in Uganda.

        *   Rural Action Annual Breakfast Fundraiser

           *   Tomorrow, Friday November 12th, 8a.m.-8:30a.m.

     *   Quesadilla Sale:

        *   TOMORROW, November 12th, 2010

        *   Everything will be cooked at Sebastian and Vicente's house

        *   The board must also be taken.- Andi can drive the table and board.

           *   Erika will email out the schedules.

        *   10pm-2am

           *   10:00- Andi, Antonio, Jaffet

           *   11:00-Delianny, Alex W, Eduardo

           *   12:00-Gabi, Mike, Delianny

           *   1:00- Emily, Erika, Hector

     *   Programs

        *   Salsa Lessons- UPC is interested in having salsa lessons with us

           *   BSU also wants to collaborate.

              *   They want to have a social next quarter with LSU.

     *   T-shirts:

        *   Andres paid dues and t-shirt money- Medium with a Guatemala flag.

        *   Sebastian is waiting to hear from the lady.

        *   Andi paid $10

        *   Vicente paid $16 for the shirt

        *   Alex Taylor paid $16 for tshirt- Colombian flag

  5.  Discussion

     *   Food and Recipes

  6.  Meeting adjourned-7:57p.m.