[ITSA] Extended PCOE Faculty/Staff Award Nominations

Strycker, Jesse strycker at ohio.edu
Mon Mar 20 15:44:45 EDT 2017

Greetings ITSA Members,

 It was recently discovered that the Patton College and its Awards Committee did not contact students with nomination information for the annual faculty and staff awards. A new message was supposed to be sent out, but I have not yet seen any of these messages and as such, I am sending you this information directly to make sure that our group is not left out. The extension of the deadline is very small, with nominations being due by Wednesday, March 22nd at 11:00PM EST.  Please read through the nomination message below and follow the links to find out more about each award. I hope that you'll consider nominating someone from our Educational Studies family (Instructional Technology, Educational Research and Evaluation, Educational Administration, or Critical Studies in Educational Foundations) or another outstanding member of the larger Patton College of Education family. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best,

Dr. Strycker

***BEGIN PASTE***
Dear Faculty, Staff, and Students

The nomination window for the annual Patton College of Education Awards has been extended, so this is the perfect time for you to fill out the 2017 faculty and staff award nominations!  These awards are essential not only to recognize the person, but for our college to hear examples of great work, exceptional service, and sample the heart and characters of those Called to Lead.

The nomination will remain open until 11:00PM EST on Wednesday, March 22nd. Click on the links below to access each nomination form. Athens campus faculty, staff, and administrators are eligible, and self-nominations are accepted.  Please use these links:

  *   Outstanding Classified Staff<https://ohio.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1yMGviHh6I4uwKh>
  *   Outstanding Administrative Staff<https://ohio.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_5AopMCodkuuAYcJ>
  *   Distinguished Faculty: Graduate Teaching Award<https://ohio.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_eA7azdq7ee3N4eF>
  *   Distinguished Faculty: Undergraduate Teaching Award<https://ohio.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_bNKvVK2rArQcHAx>
  *   Distinguished Faculty: Research Award<https://ohio.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_9WUXLomeKxem63z>
  *   Distinguished Faculty: Outreach Award<https://ohio.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0UhHVo1ZnIn4elD>

The description of the award, as well as eligibility, is posted at the top of each Qualtrics form.  Please submit nominations for an individual who stands out to you, who has impressed you this year, and deserves to be recognized publicly. Encourage your students to submit nominations.  It is well worth a few minutes to celebrate the work, service, or scholarship of your peers!
Save the date: All awards will be announced at the awards luncheon hosted on Friday, April 7th. Please put the date on your calendar and join with your colleagues in recognizing this year’s awardees.

Warm Regards,
The Patton College Awards Committee

***END PASTE***

Jesse Strycker, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor, Instructional Technology

Department of Educational Studies
Patton College of Education

Ohio University

Office: McCracken Hall 302J